Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some Days Learning is Just Hard

Evaporation
Condensation
Precipitation
Collection

Four parts of the water cycle...easy enough, right?  We've spent two days watching a video and doing an experiment to illustrate the cycle.  Today I had my students partner up and draw the four parts of the water cycle which they had to put into order.  After explaining at least one part to each group individually I thought it would be pretty easy.

Think again!
 We thought
 and thought

and thought some more.  But it was hard work for our brains!  At one point, I mentioned that I thought it might be a good idea if we all banged our heads against the wall for a bit.  When the last group had gone, one little girl sat down and announced, "That was easy!"  I gave her my "What you talkin' 'bout girl?" face
and said, "If that was easy, I would hate to see hard!"
We all busted up laughing!
And really, that's the way the hard days should end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...