There's a lot to love about First Grade too! It is especially rewarding to see children go from being non-readers and writers to confident readers and writers. So that's the task I have before me - 16 Little Ones perched on the edge ready to make some incredible learning leaps will be knocking down my door on August 14th. One unique aspect of this class is the high concentration of English Language Learners. I've never taught a class with quite as many students learning English and I feel very inadequate for the task. Please pray that God would give me wisdom and understanding so that I will recognize their individual needs. Pray also that along with that wisdom and understanding will flow creative ideas and ways to meet those needs.
School starts August 14th which is less than 3 weeks away so here are some other things to pray about:
- Cleaning, fixing, installing, dusting, reorganizing, building and so much more continues daily on campus. Pray that we'll be able to prioritize the needs.
- Alongside all of that are all the logistical things like class lists, schedules and so on that are being done to prepare for the beginning of school. It is often difficult to focus on these things when all around you can see other things that need to be done.
- Earl and his wife, Ellen, are here for a month using their skills to be a blessing. Pray especially for Earl who is working to reestablish our phone system.
- We are having some IT and computer network problems which need resolution in the short term but pray also for someone who could take on this role in the long term. It is a definite area of need.
- New staff will begin arriving next week. Pray for them as they adjust to a new country and culture and seek to fit into the Sahel team. Pray for us as we welcome them that we would quickly recognize areas of need and be able to help in their adjustment.
Thank you so much for praying.