Tomorrow is the first day back to school for us here at Sahel Academy. Back to school always means that there are many new friends to be made. What better time to get some advice from a Second Grader about how to best go about making a new friend! So with out further ado, I give you a short "How To" on making a new friend.
1. First you say hi. Then shake hands.
2. I think you should play with your friend if you want to know him better.
3. Then your friend will have to leave. But don't be sad. He or she will come back tomorrow!
4. Then you can play with your friend after you to to sleep.
5. Later at school in recess, I recommend you play soccer with him.
6. You can teach your friend how to spell April, Saturday, January, May, backstroke. (All words from the Second Grade Spelling book...too funny!)
7. And that's how you make a new friend. The end.
There you go, my friends, get out there and play some soccer and spell some words. Today is a day for making new friends! And by the way, if you happen to meet and make friends with Xopop be sure you tell him he's got quite the cool name!
Happy First Day of School!