Friday, November 30, 2007

Biology 2

Since I'm in posting mode, I thought I would post something funny that one of my kids said today. Today was the 75th day of school, so I was talking to my first graders about fractions and how we were a quarter of the way to 100. Anyway, one of my students raised her hand and said, "Oh! We learned about that in Biology 2!" Hmm! I was a bit stumped - I barely get to science for teaching them how to read and do math...I'm pretty sure I'm not offering Biology 2 on the side. So I inquired as to where she was taking Biology 2. She told me they were taking it with Ms. Morris, with whom they have a math & computer time. "Ahha, I see," said I, chuckling all the while at the idea of a first grader taking Biology 2.

1 comment:

  1. I love kid stories! That's definitely one thing I miss now that I'm teaching the older ones.

    Thanks for being such a supportive reader of our blog and leaving comments - it makes us feel like someone cares about us :).

    How's the fundraising going?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...