Saturday, October 9, 2010

Inspired By...

Inspired by one of our new math books - that's what my students have been!  I checked this one out and read it on the day that I introduced the concept of even and add numbers.  They loved it!  It has a great story line, illustrations that get children laughing and an ending that makes the reader want to put their hands on My Even Day as soon as possible.  What I especially loved is that without any encouragement at all, my children were inspired to write stories about an odd day.  Plenty a mother was growing multiple heads or arms, playgrounds were turning into chocolate and school buses were driving around on one wheel.  One thing that is for sure, when I get back to the land of bookstores this is one that I will be purchasing for my own personal teaching library.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the infinity story my FST teacher told us. Love when numbers can be put into easier terms, for any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikaylah was so excited to see this image on your blog. She said she wanted to reach into the computer and read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...