Thursday, December 16, 2010

Love Notes and Boxes of Love

Love notes...I got one today from a student.

Now, how can that not put a smile on your face?  It came along with a gift of homemade hot chocolate mix and I have to tell you that to me that hot chocolate mix is like a little love note from God.  The mornings are cool and I have been drinking hot chocolate like it is going out of style.  Just this week, I looked into the container and thought to myself, "Hmm, that's almost finished.  I'm going to be sad when it's gone."  And voila, God took care of a small insignificant desire by using a student to bless me with the very thing I desired!

 Nothing says love to me like mail and wouldn't you know it when I arrived home, I had two very unexpected packages - one from a former student with a joke a day calendar - love it!  The other one from the LAC Bible Quizing Team.  They made a poster/puzzle and when they prayed over who to send it to, God brought me to mind so they sent it along with a box full of goodies...
not just any kind of goodies - these are some of my favorite goodies.

M & Ms

Candy Cane Hot Chocolate
Out of all the things they could have sent? Amazing!

So needless to say, I was crying over my hot chocolate. 
These two jars of hot chocolate may not look like love notes but today they communicated to me the love of children in my life, faithful people praying for me and most of all a Father in Heaven who delights to demonstrate his love in tangible ways.


Psalm 33:22
"May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Hope your Christmas is a good one.

    Love,

    Sharon Cooley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...