Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's All New When You're In First Grade

August 17th...the official first day of school.  Though I'm not teaching first grade this year, I did enjoy a funny first grade moment.  For Sahel Academy First Graders it's their first year of staying all day and eating lunch.  There's a novelty to getting to use the microwave for the first time on your own.  One of the first graders saw everyone warming up their lunches and decided he'd like to try that too.  So he brought me his carefully selected item - a package of cheese & peanut butter crackers.

"Will you help me warm these up Miss Botheras?"

I tried not to laugh as I said, "No, I'm sorry, buddy, they don't need to be warmed up." 

"But I like them warm," he said earnestly.

Oh my!

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Beth! I only hope and pray I encounter such innocence on my first day of school :)
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What are you teaching this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am teaching second grade alone this year. Although, I do get to enjoy the first graders too for Writer's Workshop. Should be fun if this incident was any indication! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...