the ceiling above my bed. I had a bout of malaria which had me in bed for four days last week. Then wouldn't you know it, I had to return to my prone position to ward off another round of something which included more fever and a nasty cough. Needless to say, looking at this ceiling is getting rather old so I'm distracting myself with a silly poem...
- a neighbor that is a nurse and a friend
- friends that bring me drinks, meals, medicine
- texts, calls and facebook notes from friends who care
- being able to listen to sermons and Christian radio online
- thermometers :)
- a good book like this one to read when I've actually felt up to reading
- a great teacher's assistant who has been willing to teach for me
- God's word that puts everything back into perspective
- and last but not least - silly poems!