Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Out With the Old

Two week mid-semester breaks were made for catching up with all the things you've been meaning to do but just haven't got around to yet.  So in my little corner of the world it's been out with the old

and in with the new!

Some of you may remember when I posted this on facebook.


It happened this summer on the day before I was leaving for Canada.  I heard a loud bang and went out into the kitchen to the scene of my $800 oven with it's front pane of glass strewn on the ground.  At the time, I didn't know if I could continue using the oven so I went ahead and bought another one in the U.S. and had it sent on a container out here.  It arrived back in January but it took a while to locate a needed part so thanks to some help from one of the SIMAir guys my new white gas range is installed and being used.

Awhile back I noticed that the bottom of my shower curtain was being eaten up by mold.  I found some material that matched my towels and rug and so I made a new shower curtain that I can use when I come back after home assignment.  I figured I better make it now so that it will be ready. Otherwise it might not be made for a long time.  Case in point - those pillows in the picture above.  I brought the material to make those pillows with me to Niger 3 years ago and I just now finished them! 

And then there's the old blog which has gotten a little bit of a makeover.  I decided to try a new design.  I'm not sure that I'm completely satisfied.  It seems like it might be a little busy but after looking into other options that are far more complicated, I think I've decided to be satisfied with this for the moment.  I'm also working on learning how to use picasa and watermark my photos.  There's a learning curb!

So there you have it - my little mid-semester break projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...