Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Nest Near Your Dwelling Place

 
This morning found me in Psalm 84 contemplating what it means to have God as my Dwelling Place. 
How lovely is your dwelling place,
    Lord Almighty!
 My soul yearns, even faints,
    for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
    for the living God.
 Even the sparrow has found a home,
    and the swallow a nest for herself,
    where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
    Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
  Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
    they are ever praising you.
 
It struck me that these verses were being illustrated right outside my brother's kitchen window where I have been watching a bird building a nest right up against the house in a little birdhouse my mother brought from West Virginia.
 
 
Here these birds have made their nest near our own dwelling place.  They have found a place of safety despite a very close danger from the dogs who have been busy this spring ridding the yard of possums and anything else that moves.
 
 
It was a good reminder that when God is my dwelling place I do not have to fear the danger around me.  I can find rest in the safety of His presence.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...