Saturday, May 4, 2013

In the Land of the Longhorns

On my way to San Antonio for a reading conference, I stopped to see my friend C, who has been finishing up a Masters program in Dallas.  Her family was there to help her celebrate her graduation too.  So C introduced us all to the Dallas area.  When asked what there was to do in the area, C listed shopping and eating as the main activities.  She was right, there are plenty of places to shop but even more places to eat that I have never seen anywhere else in the US.  When it comes to the food, the saying, "Everything is bigger in Texas!" definitely applies.  I wish I had taken a picture of it but alas, all I have are memories of the 6 inch tall burger I was served at Whiskey Cake, a favorite restaurant of M  & C.


 I love these two sisters!
 
 
Still standing after that 6 inch burger.


Partaking in the cupcake phenomenon with some tasty treats from Sprinkles.
 
 
C took us to a couple different spots around the city where they have longhorn statues.
 
 
  Even the cows are bigger in Texas!
 
 
Looks like it's time to go. 
There's a mad cow on the run.
I'll catch you in San Antonio!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...