Friday, June 21, 2013

The Great Experiment Part 7: Ending with a Home Run and a Whole Lot of Visitors

Last July I began The Great Experiment.  You may remember I left my recipe box behind and determined to try new recipes.  Though I didn't try as many as I envisioned, I still had fun.  One of my favorite blogs for finding new recipes is The Recipe Critic.  Since I'm very visual when it comes to cooking, I love her photos and the ratings she gives in the categories of taste and difficulty.  I decided to close this experiment with two of her recipes.

We were having some very special guests over for dinner so why not experiment?  (My mother said that only brave women do that!)  I decided to try The Recipe Critic's Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas . I would post my one picture but frankly, I don't think you would want to try the recipe after looking at it.  But I will say this recipe got my Father's nod of approval which is why I deemed it a home run.  I tried to get him to follow in my brother's footsteps and give his critic on camera but he wasn't keen on that.  I can't imagine why not!

Anyway, taking pictures of the guests was more important than taking pictures of the food because....

 
I got to see the Malletts for the first time since 2006!
 
 
And let me tell you, they have some very sweet kiddos - ones that like to read books
 
 
and don't mind getting a wash down by our family's compulsive licker, Miss Iya, herself.
 
Thursday night found us dining with the Schmidts, fellow members of the SIM Niger family.  It was great to catch up with them!  It was unfortunate that my camera was tucked away so all I have to show for this visit is the dessert we ate.  I made Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
 
 
I made some changes like using crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth and adding some peanut butter chips into the mix too.  Overall, they were good but a little bit on the greasy side. 
 
Tonight we had some more visitors.  This time from Canada.  Bet you can't guess what brought them down south! 
 
 
In fact, these kids found out they were going to Disney World only moments before they hopped in the van to go.  Surprise vacation - now that's an idea I love! 
 
 
It was great fun to catch up with the Armstrongs, friends since Parkway Bible Church youth group days!
 
Anyone else want to drop in for a visit?  There's plenty of leftovers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...