Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bumpers Were Made to Help a Brother Out

It's time for another episode of As Seen On the Bridge.  It sounds a little like a soap opera doesn't it?

This is a scene I see quite frequently around the city.
The first time I saw it I wondered what in the world was going on.  After observing for a minute or two, I realized that the first motorcyclist had broken down.  The second motorcyclist, most likely a stranger, came up behind the first and placed his foot on the first motorcyclist's foot pedal, thus using the power of his motorbike to propel himself and his new friend's bike forward.  They rode like this until they reached a repair shop or a gas station depending on what the problem was.  This is a fairly common occurance in the city and doesn't really surprise me any more.

It was, however, a surprise yesterday afternoon when I saw it happen with cars.
I was crossing the bridge when traffic began to slow down due to a taxi which had broken down.  The taxi directly behind it looked to be going around the first taxi when suddenly, he stopped and pulled in right behind him.  I thought perhaps he was going to give him a jump but instead he pulled up right behind the first taxi bumper to bumper and then began to push him all the way across the bridge.  Ingenious!

Now that's something you don't see every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...