Saturday, December 22, 2012

Visitors from Afar

The month of December has brought visitors from afar to Bethlehem uh, I mean Rock Hill, SC.  They did come from the far east, although not quite as far east as those original visitors and they may not have brought gold, frankincense and myrrh but they did bring gifts of encouragment and news.

I give you the Three Wise Men Wild Kids...


and their parents who managed to avoid the pictures.  It was so encouraging to hear David and Laura testify to the faithfulness of God during and after the flooding in Niamey.  Not only that but I also had fun playing with the kids, reading books and filling up the "kid time" tank in me.

I've been filling another kind of tank hanging out with the next visitor from afar.


Crystal!  We've been filling up the tank marked "chocolate" - especially today as we went to the Cheesecake Factory in Uptown Charlotte to celebrate her birthday.  Mmm, chocolate and cheesecake - is there a better combination?


And now, just for a little something crafty, here's the gift I made for Crystal.  My personal favorite is the whale one in the top right hand corner.


I know I've used this verse before here on the blog but Proverbs 25:25 is so applicable, "Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land."  These visits have brought refreshment and encouragement as I continue to be concerned for my colleagues and the situation in Niger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...