Thursday, August 8, 2013

Amelia Bedelia Was Here

I had my own little Amelia Bedelia moment today.  This year for the first time since my first year of teaching I will have an aid in the classroom.  She spent a few minutes helping me before the start of New Staff Orientation this morning. I asked her to put together my word wall while I had to run out and take care of buying some cokes.
 
What she understood was this:
 

What I intended was this:
 
 
I had a good chuckle when I came back and found them side by side in those two nice straight rows.   Clearly we weren't quite communicating!
 
It was funny but it also illustrates the point that whenever you are working closely with other people, communication is extremely important and sometimes hard to get right.  Pray for the Sahel Academy staff as we get to know one another that we would begin building a foundation for good communication with one another, with our students and with their parents.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...