Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tonight I Went A Little Wild & Crazy

Tonight I went a little wild & crazy and it wasn't even my birthday!  It was J's birthday. To celebrate her first birthday in Niger she and her husband invited a Gourmanche musician to come play at her party. 
One drummer/singer...


turned into a mini-guitar player,
  

another drummer with a whole drum set - Nigerien style


and two accompanying dancers and singers.
 

Here's a little taste of the singing and dancing.


 
 
So I can't remember if the drinking or the dancing came first....
(Don't panic!  This is me we're talking about.)
 
 
Here I am drinking my first cup of Tuareg tea ever.  What?  Yep, I've lived here 9 years and it's the first time I've ever tried it.  I told you I went a little wild and crazy.
 
So then the dancing began and I only did that to be a good friend.  Never leave a friend on the dance floor alone!
 
 
It was all good until the twist began and that's when I let the birthday girl take over.
 
 
She killed it!
 
There you have it - wild, crazy & maybe a tiny bit more cultured.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...