Friday, January 11, 2013

The Great Experiment Part 4: Christmas Cookies

Not since October have I posted any new recipes in my ongoing experiment which began here.  That was due in part to my trip to Toronto and the busyness of Christmas. But never fear, I have been experimenting!

I had so many delightful Christmas treats pinned but there really is a limit to how many Christmas Cookies one can make and consume.  Not to mention, whipping up seven different kinds of cookies can wear you out.  So without further ado, I present the four Christmas treats that were a part of the experiment.

First up, Christmas BallsKaren and I made these little puppies together.  It was our first foray into the world of cake balls.  Boy do we have a lot to learn!  


This was definitely a time intensive process here.  As Karen is demonstrating, we had our moments!  And the final result...


...yep, they look a little more like Christmas bombs than Christmas ornaments.  At least they tasted good!

Then we tried Candy Cane Blossoms.  However, rather than following the recipe we just used leftover sugar cookie dough and rolled it in green and red sugar and called it done.  It was perfect as the kids had lost interest in rolling and cutting out cookies!


Those were so yummy I decided to try a different version called Cherry Chocolate Kisses.

 
And last but not least, I made these holiday pretzels.  I was introduced to them about five years ago around Thanksgiving time.  They are simple and quick, not to mention the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
 
 
Should you choose to try any one of these recipes next Christmas, you won't be disappointed.  They are all perfectly delicious even if they aren't all equally beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...